Friday, June 22, 2007

I miss Singapore!

Yes!
I know! I can't believe that I said it too! Just a few weeks back I was gushing so much about going overseas.

But after almost 2 weeks there, I couldn't help but to feel very homesick (yeah, its just 2 weeks...). But I was missing home quite badly.

I missed my home, my two sisters and my bro-in-law. I missed my friends. I missed school (gasp! thats a shocker...).

Other things I missed most while I was there (not in any order):

  1. Rain (and clouds for that matter, no wonder all the places there are air-conditioned)
  2. Chicken Rice (I have had enough of kebabs and beryani rice)
  3. Gyming (I gained so much weight!!!)
  4. Breathing properly (because of the extremely dry air there), inhaling can be quite hard and painful; and that can result in a bloody nose and even bloody nose boogers (yucks).
  5. Surfing the Internet
  6. Polite Singaporeans (we might be kiasu, but we have manners). The Saudis' services really need a makeover while Dubai's are top-notched!

Things I didn't miss while I was there:

  1. Humidity (my hair then... well at least before I shaved my head bald, was for once decently straight)
  2. Bugs (no sighting of any cockroach or lizard)
  3. The sticky sweaty feeling you have when you are outdoors in Singapore. The weather there is hot, yes, but you hardly sweat.

Things I worry while I was there:

  1. My Freshie Camp preparations. Trust me when I say this: there wasn't one day that passed without me worrying about what's happening so far and me feeling guilty about leaving it behind. I even dreamt of the 'actual' camp on one of the nights... it was more like a nightmare.
  2. My emails... I have 3 email addresses - my hotmail's, gmail's and school mail's. Added together I have close to 150 unread emails when I came back.
  3. My weight. I'm vain. Yes, I admit it. But who wouldn't worry too when you find yourself 8kgs heavier (I swear its true). Plus, you would feel just as crappy to have the first thing told to you by that someone picking you up at the airport, "You looked fatter". Grrr...
  4. My hair. I miss my hair. I'm bald. And my head is round. So I look like an egg.

I'm so glad to be home.

As cliche as this sounds, there really is no place like home!

Till the next time!

Assalamualaikum. Peace be upon you.

No comments: